Can you turn off Pipeline in ARM Cortex M3

:(

Prepend a number :)

More seriously I have seen a "micro" character in some usenet posts. I wonder how it got there, and whether other people's clients rendered it correctly.

Let's try "?" which is simply a "special character" inserted into an OpenOffice document then copied/pasted into this message, which I'm composing in SeaMonkey. Since it can also be copied/pasted into a linux/bash command line in the xfce terminal emulator, there's cause for hope.

If it works I don't know whether I'll use it every time and become a major nitpicker with those that don't!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well, it has apparently worked from my PoV. Has it worked for you? Do you see it as U+03BC or something?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It worked for me.

I'll stick with 'us'.

You could use 'mms'.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Oh, I'd forgotten about that one! But "us" works in most cases.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Only if the interrupt is enabled. Depending on what the code is doing it can be a lot longer. That is the real concern in an ISR.

--

Rick
Reply to

Going back to my old days when caps were measured in mmf, mms would be a picosecond.

--

Rick
Reply to

It worked for me, too. And I have the character available in my editors (text and graphics) under dps but not via a single key; I have used it earlier but I think lately I just use "u".

I suppose I can get used to "us" instead of "uS", but may be an option would be se-6 or sE-6... I still can't quite swallow the thought that S is invalid for seconds. I looked at my very old tek 465B, well, its front panel is also designated with lower case around the timebase knob.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

newsreader, there should be no problem with the letter "mu" for micro - it is a standard character in the standard fonts on most systems. If someone has customised their desktop or newsreader to use a weird font with a more limited character range, then it might show up oddly. If there are any fans of command-line newsreaders, they should also see it if they have a utf-8 locale on their systems.

As for typing it, that depends on your system and your keyboard. Windows is (as always) more limited. It should be easy for most non-English keyboard layouts, which separate the "Alt" and the "Alt Gr" keys - on my Norwegian keyboard layout, it's just AltGr-m. But if that doesn't work, character map is probably the least inconvenient method unless you can remember the Alt + numeric keyboard sequence.

For Linux, you have other options. Again, depending on the keyboard layout, AltGr-m is likely to work - certainly on my Norwegian layout I can get a wide range of characters with combinations of AltGr, shift, and different keys. Then there is also the "compose" key - typically, this is not assigned by default, but you can set it up if you want it (I

Reply to
David Brown

Or going deviant bigtime, follow the Pharmaceutical industry and use 'MC' ?

Jan Coombs

--
email valid, else fix dots and hyphen
jan4clf2014@murrayhyphenmicroftdotcodotuk

Along with the often used

mu is

The zero is very important. Without it you get other chars.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes if he is relying on a guaranteed interrupt latency he should not turn them off. Also should be top priority irq!

He should not turn the clock down to 1 khz either. Or set his timer output back to a GPIO. Etc.

I don't think it is a good idea to have the deadtime enforced by software, regardless. OP is going to get mighty tired of changing blown FETS during development. I was just responding to the talk above about caches and pipelines and 70us vs 700us latencies. None of that matters on a CM3 if a guaranteed

Reply to
John Devereux

Hmm, there was the "slideback sampler" that John Larkin and Mike Monet used to fight about, a decade or two ago in sci.electronics.design.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Don't throw that scope out; there's a thriving market for them on ebay, /especially/ if they are working :) I have the HP equivalent, the HP1740A, and the local hackspace has a near relative, the Tek2213.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh, excellent.

Trying the other combinations is going to be a great way of pointing out to idiot companies that valid email addresses aren't limited to roman alphanumeric characters.

won't notice the inaccuracy.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Both of these work in Linux, but not Windows.

Reply to
David Brown

UTF-8 characters should, in theory, work in email addresses - but only in theory. In practice, you can expect trouble somewhere along the line.

But UTF-8 characters should be fine in email bodies, as long as they are

How do these ones turn out?

Real numbers: ? Mho (inverted Ohmega): ? Aleph: ? Set membership: ? fi ligature: ? alpha: ? beta: ? infinity: ?

Reply to
David Brown

My objection is to web pages where I fill in my email address and their stupid validation procedure rejects it. Even worse is the case where one of the company's systems accept it and others reject it - which can make it impossible for their internal staff to change it!

I like using foo+ snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com when communicating with Scrotty Co, so I can track leaks and easily filter messages.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It more often occurred on their on-screen displays, e.g. the first one I came across:

Tom Gardner

As far as I can tell from mostly dead links, similar but not quite the same.

Given that it is solely a hobby project, I would expect my performance to be worse. For example, if someone mentions jitter then I will shut my eyes, put my hands over my ears and sing "la la la".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I now remember seeing that as well on newer scopes than my 465B (which works and I am not planning to part with, it was THE scope back in the day when I wanted to build one I was looking up to :-). I may well have taken it from there.

I suppose the capital S is justified though. While invalid in "normal" text, put into context - as on a scope display - it deals with the "us" ambiguity which might be annoying at a subconscious level not only to me. Well I may only be looking for an excuse to not start changing the S in the spectrometry software on our devices :-).

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff