Can you clarify the following terms for me?

Can you clarify the following terms for me?What are the differences between
them in implementation method?

1. Imaging file
2. ISO file,
3. Imaging website,

Thanks,

Re: Can you clarify the following terms for me?

Homework?

Re: Can you clarify the following terms for me?

If you will promise never to top-post again I will take pity on
you.  Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the material
to which you are replying, after snipping out anything that is not
germane to your reply.  That way the results can be read and make
sense.  Especially in the comp.* hierarchy, top-posting is
considered rude and boorish.

Take the 'imaging website' first.  You are probably thinking of a
mirror.  That is a site that maintains the same content as another
site, usually to distribute the load on the original site.  They
usually have software that periodically contacts the primary site
and downloads anything that is new or changed.

For the others, consider what a disk (or partition) actually
contains.  This is some sort of space, usually divided into
logical sectors containing 512 bytes each and each identified by a
sector number, from 1 to something.  It is a blank slate.

A file system imposes some sort of rules on the use of those
sectors.  Something in there identifies which sectors are used,
which free, which belong to which files, what those files are
named, etc.

An image of that disk is simply a file that contains the whole
contents of the disk/partition, without interpretation.  That will
include useless data that happened to be in unused sections of the
disk.  That image can be placed on another disk/partition of the
same size and sector numbering convention, and thus recreate the
original disk/partition if handled by software (file managers etc)
that follow the same rules as did the original file control
software.

An ISO file is simply something that follows a particular set of
rules devised for making a file system on a CDROM.  Bear in mind
that a CDROM is normally a read/only medium.  The term could be
used differently, but I think this is what you are talking about.
The file can be kept as a file on a normal hard drive, and used to
recreate the original CD via CD writers.  This also avoids the
relatively long delays of reading another CD in order to write the
new one, when such delays can prevent the write being successful.
(HDs are much faster than CDs).  The ISO file is a particular kind
of disk image.