Can't profile functions with STM32 and SWD

I'm working with an STM32F205, which I can program and debug with an ST-LINK V2 and the SWD port. I'm using IAR EWARM 6.40 and the C-Spy debugger. Programming, run, stop, breakpoints, etc, all work fine. However, when I set up for SWO debugging, the SWO icon reports that it is set up properly, but I never get any profiling data in the window. The O-scope shows regular activity on the SWD and SWCLK lines---but apparently none of that activity is generating profiling information.

Has anyone successfully done function profiling with this setup? Am I missing some fundamental limitation of the ST-Link and C-SPY?

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson