Can I get the contents in FPGA?

Hi

I have a Altera FPGA(model:ACEX).
I'd like to get all data in FPGA.
Is there any way to get all contents from that FPGA to my computer?
Can you let me know if there is a way(software or hardware tool)?
Thanks.

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?

You only have the FPGA itself? Then there is no data to get... the
configuration data is stored in a seperate device which sends configuration
data to the FPGA at powerup. So the FPGA does not store any data. You want
to read out the configuration device.

Jeroen

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or,
whatever you want to do?

Kenny

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?

What doesn't make sense, besides your article?  See my sig below
for a partial cure for this madness.

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data
in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My
answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read
data in one chip at here, at least he should explain first.

Following your signature, I used that "reply" link this time. But
Google didn't say that, right? Your signature doesn't make sense.

--
"If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the
"X" button on the top of window." -- Kenny Doesntmakesense;

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
... snip ...
You did get something quoted, see below.  However you failed to put
your answer where it belongs, i.e. after the material to which you
reply, after snipping anything not germane.  To continue to
top-post is rude and ignorant, after you have been taught better.

Using that reply link doesn't do it all for you, you still have to
apply normal usenet practice to composing your message.  Sigs
should be limited to 4 lines, so only so much can be explained in
one.

Everything below here, up to my sig, should have been snipped by
me.

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
OK, I will follow your sigs. Actually, I usually use the left-side link
tree, from there I can easily know what reply what.

But only one more click, my poster won't confuse others. Sorry for my
rudeness.

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data
in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My
answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read
data in one chip at here, at least he should explain it first.

--
"If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the
"X" button on the top of window." -- Doe Snotmakesense;

Re: Can I get the contents in FPGA?
OK, I will follow your sigs. Only one more click, but my poster won't
confuse others.

data
the

Site Timeline