Can I get the contents in FPGA?

Hi

I have a Altera FPGA(model:ACEX). I'd like to get all data in FPGA. Is there any way to get all contents from that FPGA to my computer? Can you let me know if there is a way(software or hardware tool)? Thanks.

Reply to
jdy0803

You only have the FPGA itself? Then there is no data to get... the configuration data is stored in a seperate device which sends configuration data to the FPGA at powerup. So the FPGA does not store any data. You want to read out the configuration device.

Jeroen

Reply to
Jeroen

doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, whatever you want to do?

Kenny

Reply to
Kenny

What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below for a partial cure for this madness.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read data in one chip at here, at least he should explain first.

Following your signature, I used that "reply" link this time. But Google didn't say that, right? Your signature doesn't make sense.

-- "If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the "X" button on the top of window." -- Kenny Doesntmakesense;

CBFalc> >

Reply to
Xiao Geng
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read data in one chip at here, at least he should explain it first.

-- "If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the "X" button on the top of window." -- Doe Snotmakesense;

CBFalc> >

Reply to
Kenny

... snip ...

You did get something quoted, see below. However you failed to put your answer where it belongs, i.e. after the material to which you reply, after snipping anything not germane. To continue to top-post is rude and ignorant, after you have been taught better.

Using that reply link doesn't do it all for you, you still have to apply normal usenet practice to composing your message. Sigs should be limited to 4 lines, so only so much can be explained in one.

Everything below here, up to my sig, should have been snipped by me.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

OK, I will follow your sigs. Only one more click, but my poster won't confuse others.

Kenny wrote:

data

the

Reply to
Kenny

OK, I will follow your sigs. Actually, I usually use the left-side link tree, from there I can easily know what reply what.

But only one more click, my poster won't confuse others. Sorry for my rudeness.

CBFalc> >

Reply to
Kenny