CAN cable and connectors

Is there a standard for CAN bus cable? Are there limitations as to the cable and connectors to be used? I know that Vector Cantech uses DB9 connectors. I know of someone that is contemplating to use RJ11 connectors and the cable that is typically used for those connectors. It would appear that the cable should have a characteristic impedance of somewhere around 120 ohms since that is the termination resistor that appears to be recommeded. It also appears that CAN cables can be shielded, twisted pair or just twisted pair.

Can anyone direct me to further information on the subject or tell me their experiences or thoughts?

Reply to
eganders