CAN Bridge Module

I need to build a bridge between an existing proprietary RS-485 network and J1939 CAN. I was hoping I could find a module or SBC that I could buy ready-made to speed development (I still have to write the code). Does anyone know of a board I could buy with

o CAN 2.0B controller o RS-485 interface o -40 to +85 C temperature range

Cost isn't a huge concern, but I hope it would be less than US$200. A J1939 library would be a plus. Thanks in advance,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to

In my latest product i'm using the SSV DIL Net PC with a Coldfire.

It has 2 serial Ports and 1 CAN bus.

Adding a CAN driver and RS485 on a baseboard shouldn't be to much trouble as this module comes as a DIL package.

I'm using the ecos package with GCC, and this works fine at this moment.

Stijn

Reply to
jonsquire2000

In my latest product i'm using the SSV DIL Net PC with a Coldfire.

It has 2 serial Ports and 1 CAN bus.

Adding a CAN driver and RS485 on a baseboard shouldn't be to much trouble as this module comes as a DIL package.

I'm using the ecos package with GCC, and this works fine at this moment.

Stijn

Reply to
jonsquire2000

Thanks for the response. I saw that board, and it looks interesting.

I'm looking right now at the NetBurner Mod5282, which is similar. The NetBurner software looks like good stuff, and I've since been informed that a wireless interface may be required later. NetBurner's wireless development kit looks pretty nifty too. Anyone using this (NetBurner w/ or w/o wireless)?

Thanks again,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to
Dave Hansen

We recently introduced a DIN-rail mountable SBC with CAN, 2xRS-485 an Ethernet called XNUT-105. The unit is programmed in C using the gc toolchain and also fits into your price range (< US200). The module wa specifically development to implement protocol converters and industria gateways. You can find more about this versatile module here

Henrik Maier

hwmaier

"hwmaier" gets his URL wrong:

cheers, Rich.