can anyone recommend me a microcontroller

I have use the Hi-Tech Compiler for PIC16 and 18 and did not have many issues with the compiler. ( I have heard that the new updated version has issues, like most updates) The PIC is not a powerful chip. But one should be aware of that when choosing it.

Reply to
Neil

... snip ...

As I said, that was 10 years ago. The compiler was brand new. I'm sure things have improved dramatically since then.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

He was probably using Switchcraft C compiler. Arrg!

Reply to
Moon Shine

Should you wish to try it again they have a Lite Version.

Reply to
Neil

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I'm going to explore a few of these leads which you have given me. The TI MSP430F1611 is sounding pretty interesting at this point. much appreciate the help.

J.

Reply to
panfilero

No idea. Besides, I am now retired and inactive. I have to limit myself to offering opinions, trying to correct top-posters, moving people to Linux, and such like.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Worthy goals... I hope I get to retire ;-)

-- Michael N. Moran (h) 770 516 7918

5009 Old Field Ct. (c) 678 521 5460 Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key." "Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1

Reply to
Michael N. Moran