Can anybody Comment? - PIC?

Hey group i`ve been looking at 2 x Development systems for PIC as im a newbie and never done anything with PIC before i wondered if you could help me?

I`ve been lloking at the following kits:

Could anybody comment on which one would be the best or even if anybody could suggest any others?

The epemag.co.uk one looks nice just a think its steap for £160inc VAT but then again i don`t know really how much these things cost:(

I would like to be able to control LEDS, and LCD form Visual Basic .Net on my PC.

Should there be anything I shyould be looking for?

Many Thanks

Reply to
MadCrazyNewbie

help

Have a look at Olimex:

There is also the Microchip PICkit at $35 for the 8- and 14-pin flash parts. I won one in a design competition; it works very well and is good value for money, even if you have to pay for it.

I made my own programmer, it was quite easy.

Reply to
Leon Heller

You might want to look at the MarkIII

It's $30 if you just want the controller board. It has a built-in bootloader so you needn't have a seperate programmer, but you lose 2K of the 8K code space for this.

--
Kyle A. York
Sr. Subordinate Grunt

Why not just buy the standard Microchip ICD2 with PIC DEM2 board? Can't remember the part number for the whole kit, but it is on the Microchip site. It costs about the same as the epemag one and will be a lot more use to you.

Reply to
Ppelectron