Can any one guide me to the world of Embedded systems?

Hi ,

Please provide me with resources regarding embedded systems. I am interested in the Embedded system software design and implementaion. As as very new to this area can any one help me?

Thanks in advance,

Sai

Reply to
sai sambhu

sai sambhu a écrit :

Hello Sai,

What is your project ? Regards,

Matthieu.

Reply to
Matthieu

Some specifics would be useful. Embedded is such a wide area, as you would see from the responses to all the other posters that ask the exact same question. Try looking back through an archive of group posts for the last couple of months and you will find some ready made answers to your question. When you have settled on some specific area of embedded development then perhaps you can ask another, more answerable question.

You might as well say "I am interested in agriculture and want to be a farmer. Please tell me what to grow." Cranberries grow in very different conditions to coconuts.

Ian

Reply to
ian.okey

#define PLUG

Buy my book, "So You Wanna Be An Embedded Engineer",

A review of the book:

#undef PLUG

Reply to
larwe

I can recommend this book too. Easy to read and comprehensive.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

The best way to learn how to swim is to be thrown out of the boat. You either will be a decent engineer in 6 months or will never make it. Only you yourself can learn something. However this book has some good directions: Jack Ganssle "The art of designing embedded systems".

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

I highly recommend Lewin's book, too. At the very least it helps you "talk the talk" so that you can understand the scope of the broad questions that you ask. Having read Lewin's book you can then ask some specific questions that will likely lead to being answered in this group.

Reply to
Huey

Thanks, Tom - your check is in the mail ;)

Reply to
larwe

Hello Matthieu,

It is out of my own interest. Wanted to know much about C programming techniques (that applies to embedded programming), the tasking architecture etc.. As i am very new to this i cant be more specific. But as i learn i will have more specific doubts.

Reply to
sai sambhu

Hi,

Thanks Vladimir .I jumped out of the boat. Letus see whether i will survive or drown. Any way I read its(the book u mentioned) reviews .

Thanks,

Sai

Reply to
sai sambhu

Hi Ian,

I am very much new to this. But i want to establish my career on that. I want to learn the programing techniques(Assembly or C or C++) , Tasking architecture, Operating systems etc. I need to understand the software development (say in a router)) in embedded systems.

Regards,

Sai

Reply to
sai sambhu