Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Richard B. Katz
March 8, 2005, 11:43 pm
rate this thread
Call for Papers
2005 MAPLD International Conference
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
September 7-9, 2005
The 8th annual MAPLD International Conference will present papers on
programmable logic devices and technologies, digital engineering, and
related fields, for military and aerospace applications. Devices,
technologies, logic design, verification, flight applications, fault
tolerance, reliability, radiation susceptibility, and encryption
applications of programmable devices, processors, and adaptive
computing systems in military and aerospace systems are topics for
For 2005, MAPLD will be expanded to 3 full days and will feature
expanded "Birds of a Feather" Workshop Sessions. Full-day seminars
will be offered on September 6, 2005.
We are planning an exciting program with presentations by Government,
industry, academia, and consultants, including talks by distinguished
Invited Speakers. This conference is open to US and foreign
participation and is unclassified. For related information, please
see the NASA Office of Logic Design Web Site (http://klabs.org ).
Abstract submittal info: http://klabs.org/mapld05 /
Abstract deadline: April 25, 2005
Special Talks Include (developing):
* Welcome and Opening Address
Ralph Roe, NASA Engineering and Safety Center
* Invited Mishap Talk (new for 2005)
"Computer Overload and The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing"
Jack Garman (formerly NASA JSC)
* Panel Session: "Why Are Space Stations So Hard?"
Roger Launius, National Air and Space Museum
Keith Cowing, Editor, NASA Watch
and more ....
* Invited History Talk
* The Application Engineers' View
Four Seminars Are Being Planned:
* Design Integrity
* Device Failure Modes and Reliability
* Reconfigurable High-Performance Computing
* Real-Time, Hi-Rel Software Issues for Computer Designers
Planned Technical Sessions
* Applications: Military & Aerospace
* Verification of High Reliability Designs
* Radiation Effects and Mitigation Techniques
* Logic Design and Processors
* Reconfigurable Computing, Evolvable Hardware, and Security
* Poster Session
* BOF-L: Mitigation Methods for Reprogrammable Logic in the Space
* BOF-F: Reconfigurable Computing
* BOF-J: PLD Failures, Analyses, and the Impact on Systems
* BOF-S: NESC and Software
* BOF-G: Digital Engineering and Computer Design - A Retrospective
and Lessons Learned for Today's Engineers
* BOF-W: Verification of Large Designs and Related Design
Reservations are being accepts for the Industrial & Gov't Exhibits:
Early Industrial and Governemnt participants include:
NASA Office of Logic Design Synthworks
Space Micro SRC Computers
BAE Systems: Information and Aldec
Electronic Warfare Systems
Actel Corporation ATK Mission Research Corporation
Aeroflex Colorado Springs Xilinx, Inc.
Sigrity Mentor Graphics Corporation
IEEE Aerospace and Electronics NASA Engineering and Safety Center
Northrop Grumman Corporation SEAKR Engineering
For additional information:
Conference home page: http://klabs.org/mapld05
Richard B. Katz
NASA Office of Logic Design
Re: Call for Papers: 2005 MAPLD International Conference
Are you aware that throughout your entire post you neglected to define
the meaning of the acronym "MAPLD"?
I did a Google search and found out that it stands for "Military and
Aerospace Programmable Logic Devices".
Your announcement is certainly topical in comp.arch.embedded, but
spelling out the name of the organization would have been nice.
[posted & mailed]
We've slightly trimmed the long signature. Click to see the full one.
- » bloccare circuito ricarica batteria
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Hobby (Italian)