CAD package for drawing Cable Assemblys

Hi Group,

We are developing products with a lot of cables, cable harnasses and assemblys around our pcb's.

Comming from a electronic engineering background i always used Schematic Capture/PCB packages for this (mostly Ulicap, now electronic werkbench)

As our cabling gets more and more complicated i don't feel very confortable anymore with this approach.Especialy adding measures, drawing 2D connector pin-layout are difficult. (AND being able to export a BOM/Netlist from the same program)

-We use Autodesk Inventor for 3D Mechanical CAD, altough a very powerfull package for 3D work (including piping/cabling) it doesn't work well for doing 2D drawing.

-I tried AutoCad Electrical, but disliked the interface and overal feel.

-I tried MS Visio, but it doesn't fit the bill either.

Is there any other software that would do a better job ? Something inbetween mechanical 2D design and Schematic capture ? Both of best worlds ?

Thanks

Stan

Reply to
StanV