c8051f320 Mass storage Source Code

Howdy All,

I just purchased an Evaluation Board from Silicon Labs. Does anyone know where I can get example source code for a Mass Storage class for c8051f320?

I have tried the firmware generator from Jungo, but it keeps create an "Unknown Device"

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
steele.pj

Hello !

Unfortunately I cannot assist you here. I mostly write my own firmware. You could try requesting a skeleton firmware from Silicon Labs. and then modifying it to suit your needs. Afterall, a Mass Storage class device is only different from a HID device because the device and interface descriptors say they are. The default Windows XP drivers, for example, support Mass Storage class devices by default.

The firmware generator might not create the string descriptors required, even if it would create a solid skeleton firmware for a Mass Storage class device. The Device, Configuration and Interface Descriptors make use of a String Descriptor table that presents the human-readable strings which an operating system shows during device enumeration. These strings dictate manufacturer name, device name and possible device version etc. Make sure these strings are correctly initialized and set (they are UNICODE strings).

Greetings, Antti Keskinen

Reply to
Antti Keskinen

Thanks Antti. I will contact SiLabs and see what they say.

Reply to
steele.pj

Antti is correct, the descriptors indicate that the device is a mass storage class. You will probably find, though that the mass storgage device uses transactions other than control type. For example, disk drive devices typically use bulk transport.

If you haven't already, be sure to find a specification for the protocols that your device is using. While the spec doesn't usually provide a code example, it does contain the information necessary to interpret what is happening.

Also, if you haven't downloaded it yet, usb snoopy is a very helpfull program for capturing and interpreting working USB transactions to see how Winhose or Linux does things. I believe it is available on Sourceforge.

Reply to
Noway2