C++ on 68HC9S12

I have a new 68HC9S12 project, and am considering the use of C++.  This
particular micro has 64KB Flash, 4KB RAM.  The application is not
particularly taxing, just a basic I/O controller getting commands over an
I2C link to another micro.  The Metrowerks tools support C++ on this micro,
and have a flavor called "compact C++" to help reduce memory requirements.
A simple question; has anyone tried using C++ on this size micro, and what
was your experience?   I'd prefer to stay away from language debates, I'm
just interested in whether or not this can be done.

Thanks,

Paul Kinzer
Quad/Tech Inc.
www.qtiworld.com

Re: C++ on 68HC9S12

If they sell the compiler, and it compiles and the program runs, then the
question is moot.

Site Timeline