C++ on 68HC9S12

I have a new 68HC9S12 project, and am considering the use of C++. This particular micro has 64KB Flash, 4KB RAM. The application is not particularly taxing, just a basic I/O controller getting commands over an I2C link to another micro. The Metrowerks tools support C++ on this micro, and have a flavor called "compact C++" to help reduce memory requirements. A simple question; has anyone tried using C++ on this size micro, and what was your experience? I'd prefer to stay away from language debates, I'm just interested in whether or not this can be done.

Thanks,

Paul Kinzer Quad/Tech Inc.

news.qgraph.com

If they sell the compiler, and it compiles and the program runs, then the question is moot.

Reply to
BobGardner