C-MAX CME8000-BUS problems

I'd like to talk to anyone who has worked with the C-MAX CME800-BUS WWVB receiver board.

I have tried working with this part to the point of wanting to smash it with a mallet. I am trying to use it with a PIC 18F microprocessor and all I can get the thing to do is echo characters right back to the PIC.

Anyway, any help is welcomed.

Thanks!

Mike Harpe

Reply to
Michael Harpe

Can you give me any more details?

I'm work> I'd like to talk to anyone who has worked with theC-MAXCME800-BUS

Reply to
amitpaulsingh

I connected the CME-8000 to the serial port of a PIC 18F. All I get is the characters I sent looped back to me.

If you need more information please email me directly.

Thanks!

Mike Harpe

Reply to
Michael Harpe

If you connect the CME-8000 module directly to the PIC's serial port (assuming you take care of the voltage converter circuitry), you will only get loopback characters. I have another module from C-MAX that sits between the CME-8000 and my PIC, and this takes care of the weird one-wire serial interface that C- MAX seems to have implemented. I was trying to look for the part number on the C-MAX website, but I couldn't find it.

There is, however, a schematic for this circuit at the link below.

(Click on CME8000-BUS - RS232 converter -> download : the file is a pdf)

Another thing I noticed was that using their PC demo software (also available on the page I linked to) failed when using my laptop and a USB->Serial Port converter. I had to use a desktop computer with a "real" serial port to get the CME8000 to respond.

Hope that helped,

Amit Singh

Reply to
amitpaulsingh