C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD

I'm working on a senior design project involving an 8052
microcontroller. We currently have a hardware setup from a previous
semester's team that has an HD44780-based 16x2 character LCD as the
main means to displaying information to the user. The C library we
have from the previous team does not compile with what we now have. I
would appreciate any information anyone might have on where to find a
C library for use with these devices. I have searched high and low
only to find a couple of assembly libraries...which we don't want to
use because the control code (which works for the most part) that will
determine what to put on the LCD is all in C.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Re: C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD
have a look at: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/lcd /

Furthermore: www.google.com

grtnx
/jan

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Re: C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD

http://www.latke.net/lcd /

Re: C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD
I would suggest that you write your own routine for putchar function,
and use standard printf functon from precompiled library.

Mickey

Re: C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD

The 8052 is not a PC  what compiler are you using it makes a difference.
Try www.8052.com  or even google.  It is a common piece of code, but NOT
as a library.
Most compilers allow you to link with C modules.  You can mix C and asm.

Site Timeline