C Library for 8052 uController to Interface HD44780-based LCD

I'm working on a senior design project involving an 8052 microcontroller. We currently have a hardware setup from a previous semester's team that has an HD44780-based 16x2 character LCD as the main means to displaying information to the user. The C library we have from the previous team does not compile with what we now have. I would appreciate any information anyone might have on where to find a C library for use with these devices. I have searched high and low only to find a couple of assembly libraries...which we don't want to use because the control code (which works for the most part) that will determine what to put on the LCD is all in C.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reply to
Joel Heath

have a look at:

Furthermore:

grtnx /jan

Joel Heath schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Jan Homuth

Andy Peters

I would suggest that you write your own routine for putchar function, and use standard printf functon from precompiled library.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

The 8052 is not a PC what compiler are you using it makes a difference. Try

or even google. It is a common piece of code, but NOT as a library. Most compilers allow you to link with C modules. You can mix C and asm.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman