C/C++ compiler for MC68k

I'm trying to write an elaborate backtracking program to be used by the
MC68k microprocessor.
Does anybody know where I can find any related info?
Thanks!

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:35:46 -0500, "Ioana"

I don't even know what a "backtracking" programme is?

Mike Harding

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k
an algorithm, construct a solution step by step
simplest ex:
find all integer numbers xi so that x1+x2+...+xk=n(with k,n inputed by the
user)
i cannot do this in assembly...
thanks!

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k

The GNU C compiler (gcc) can be configured for M68k - works well (see
<http://www.gnu.org/ ).

HTH

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k

May I ask what you are looking for here, and why you want to run it on an
m68k processor?  What are you going to do with these numbers afterwards?
Are there limits on the inputs k and n?  Do you need the solutions in any
particular order?  I can't think of hand of any use of this problem, but I
don't see why there should be any problems with writing it in assembly
instead of C (assuming you are reasonably well-versed in m68k assembly).  Of
course, it is easier to write in C, and getting a compiler running is not
too hard (go for gcc - try the uclinux website).

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k

I can - the OP came from a .edu domain and the explanation looked very
much like the way a homework problem might be set. Comp Arch 101, anyone?

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas" HMHB

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k

The OP asked for a compiler. If (s)he manages to get GCC configured and
working and uses that to solve the original problem, IMHO, the homework is
passed.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k
Tauno Voipio said for all posterity...

Actually, the OP never mentioned a compiler.

Casey

Re: C/C++ compiler for MC68k

Then who created the Subject: line??

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... or were you
                                  at               driving the PONTIAC that

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/Basics/CToAssemblyTranslation.htm

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/Basics/CToAssemblyTranslation2.htm

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra/Basics/CToAssemblyTranslation3.htm

Sandeep
--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.0 - Generate Sequence Diagrams and Use Cases in PDF

Site Timeline