C/Assambler book????

Hi,

Can you tell, please if you know a good book for learning a C programming (may be with exercices) and also for Assambler (general ASM if exist). Its for embedded system programming. Also a book to learn CPU programing. I am a beginer, I know some C basics (can do a basic programms) but not assembler at all. I know that assembler CPU-depend, but is there some book that can be kind of point of start? Thanks in advence. Thomas.

Reply to
thomas.b36

The C Programming Language, ISBN 0-13-110362-8 see also

The C Answer Book, ISBN 0-13-109653-2

and the invaluable

You don't need a 600 page doorstop for C. If you take the time to read and understand K&R *and* work the exercises, you'll know the language. The "answer book" has worked solutions to the exercises, although not necessarily the only or best solutions to the non-trivial ones.

It doesn't. Beyond general "good practices," learning assembler for a particular processor is mostly seeing what primitives you have available and putting them together in a useful fashion.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

In the 18 years since K&R2 the C language has moved on a long way there was Amendment 1 and the TC's Most compilers are somewhere between C95 and C99.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

The information in K&R is still valid, and it's still the best way to learn the language, imo. After that, I recommend Harbison and Steele, "C A Reference Manual" which covers C99.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

A quick web search on "Assembly language programming" yielded

I have only started to read the forward, but the guy's attitude is certainly good.

Why don't you read it and tell us how it is?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Hi every body!

Thanks you guys. You gave me a good clues.

Tim, I'll certainly do

Thomas.

Tim Wescott wrote:

Reply to
thomas.b36

Might be interesting to read some articles in

There is little about optimisation, AVR-GCC and so on.

Reply to
scienceprog

And you might want to consider reading the 32-bit edition.

Cheers, Randy Hyde

Reply to
randyhyde