Building GCC-4.1.1 C/C++ compiler for LPC3180 + VFP + Embedded Linux

Hello,

I want to have a cross compiler running on my win32 cygwin, that can cross compile C/C++ code for LPC3180 with VFP to run on embedded linux.

I downloaded gcc-4.1.1 source onto win32 cygwin (I dont even know if I downloaded the right compiler source for the job), and started reading the instructions on how to compile the compiler. First it says you have to configure the build, then build the compiler.

I'm not an expert and there are so many configuration parameters to configure the build before building the actual compiler, that I know will take me 100 years to figure out.

Does anybody have a clue on how to configure the build, then do the build to build the gcc compiler that cross compiles C/C++ code for LPC3180 with VFP for embedded linux.

Thanks Over my head

Reply to
smaddy

Look for "buildroot" which is a mechanism to build cross compilers, usually associated with ucLinux.

There is a "crosstools" script that could be useful as well.

-Dave

--
David Ashley                http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture

Just curious, what hardware platform are you running on? Do you have a specific buildroot for that lpc part?

Reply to
rektide