Buffers reqd for Flash??

Im working on a prototype board for the AT91rm9200. I have been
following the design of the AT91rm9200 EK.

In using the same flash as the obe used on the board, i have a small
problem. Why have buffers been used between the chip`s lines and the
lines of the flash?

 i have seen boards that use different flash chips and dont have
buffers for the flash. What is the use of the buffer then?

regards
Mayank

Re: Buffers reqd for Flash??
You know I too have been digging into the EK schematics and i do not se
any buffers between CPU and FLASH RAM.  Am I missing something ?
Please advise if you will,
thanks,
john

www.EmbeddedRelated.com