BUFFALO error messages

Greetings,

I'm not very familiar with the Motorola 68HC11 but am teaching a course using it. What does it mean when BUFFALO gives an error message such as "ROM 2000" or "ROM 1384"? I don't recall the circumstances under which the error was displayed (I'm working from old notes about what is wrong with some of our defective EVBUs). Easy to fix?

Thanks!

Reply to
mc

Looking at this asm listing (line 635 and beyond):

It appears that this is a memory write/read-back error (most commonly an attempted write to ROM, I guess they assumed, hence the error name).

Reply to
Mike Silva

Hey thanks for posting that. I have a class with the HC11 and the BUFFALO monitor. My professors wanted us to ask for it instead of making it freely available.

-Isaac

Reply to
Isaac Bosompem

Thanks! I should add that this occurs with programs that work correctly on other EVBUs. So I'm guessing defective static RAM chips.

Reply to
mc

Line 4622 actually seems to be the place. Thanks!

Reply to
mc