BT earpieces

Hi,

Anyone have any firsthand knowledge as to the guts in these cheap BT earpieces? Specifically, computational power? I figured I would ask before gutting one...

Thx!

Reply to
Don Y

I'm guessing a broadcom BT chip, which is afaik arm7

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

I don't know the specifics, but my understanding is that the fancy ones do have a "real" DSP chip in there to perform, e.g., background noise reduction. E.g., here's one from 2007 that claims "120 MIPS DSP" (so perhaps at least 120 MMACs/second?):

. Presumably newer models would be even faster...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I'm pretty sure that those are probable some OEM core (i.e., http://

it's exceedingly hard for ordinary mortals like you or me to get our hands on information for things like that.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Excellent! I was afraid it would be a highly customized/ASIC solution. This is more encouraging. Thanks!

Reply to
Don Y