Booting HD and CF as Master and Slave

Ok so I have a system using RH7.3 with a 2.4.18-3(RH) kernel, one 2.5 IDE hard drive, and 512 compact flash card. The hd boots fine a single master and the CF card boots fine as single master. Howevery when I have the HD as master and the CF card as slave, Grub boots the kernel and finds the initrd image but fails to find init (/sbin/init) causing a kernel panic.

I've searched around the net trying to find any info without luck. I'm hoping someone here will be able to point out my flaw. Sorry for not posting more info although if questions are asked I will try to answer them to my best.

Ryan Thanks

Reply to
Ryan