boot kernel image through tftp

Hi,

I have some problem with boot image.

I have load the kernel image through tftp.

tftp load the image at given address in memory.

after this when i used "bootm"

i got Error: "Bad magic Number "

Can you tell me what is meaning of this error. also can you suggest me some work around?

Thanks, Prashant M.

Reply to
Prashant

either your executable is corrupted with regards to the expected format or your bootloader is expecting a magic number to be present in the first part of your executable.

for example, with GRUB the magic number must appear within the first

8KB. this is done by putting the magic number and entry point in a specific section (let's call it ".init") and update the linker script so that section ".init" is always the first to appear in the executable file.
--
Philippe Amarenco, aka Phix
epita 2007 - EpX - ex-{GISTR,ACU,LSE}