boot.bin code from Atmel

I am having problems building a working boot.bin from the code downloade fromn the Atmel site. I need to make a change to the sdram controlle initialization. I've tried using GCC 2.95.3 and 3.4.4. using 3.4.4 I get a "Data Abort detected" message when it starts up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Reply to
DavidP

Which code is this and what prosessor are you using? Any other info on the board could also help. What kind of memories do you have and to what chipselect are they connected?

That happens when you try to access data outside the valid adress ranges as probably defined in the EBI, and there is a valid data abort exception routine that prints this. Have you made modifications in the software? If so, did it work before you made any modifications?

The strong give up and move away, while the weak give up and stay.
Reply to
Stef