binary to digital

can use I DM74LS47N instead 74HC595?

Reply to
EZarm

If you are using them as paperweights, yes they are interchangeable.

Why don't you stop asking stupid questions?

Look up the datasheets and see if they are even similar.

Reply to
Primo Levi

bcd to 7 segment decoder and driver. I still no sure myself.

Reply to
EZarm

Well, there are certainly circuits where you could do a simple redesign and substitute one for the other, but if you have to ask, you probably can't do it.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

the circuit has 595 but I have 74 in stock.

that is the reason I ask.

EZarm

You could take the trouble of typing both typenumbers in google... Then you would find out that the '47 is a BCD to 7-segment decoder and the '595 a serial-in, serial/parallel-out shift register. Man, typing this message took me 5 times as long as the search on google for both IC's

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang