binary to digital

can use I DM74LS47N  instead 74HC595?

Re: binary to digital

If you are using them as paperweights, yes they are interchangeable.

Why don't you stop asking stupid questions?

Look up the datasheets and see if they are even similar.

Re: binary to digital

bcd to 7 segment decoder and driver. I still no sure myself.

Re: binary to digital
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:34:15 +0800, the renowned "EZarm"

Well, there are certainly circuits where you could do a simple
redesign and substitute one for the other, but if you have to ask, you
probably can't do it.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: binary to digital

the circuit has 595 but I have 74 in stock.

that is the reason I ask.

http://www.trexon.com
http://www.speff.com

Re: binary to digital

You could take the trouble of typing both typenumbers in google...
Then you would find out that the '47 is a BCD to 7-segment decoder and the
'595 a serial-in, serial/parallel-out shift register.
Man, typing this message took me 5 times as long as the search on google for
both IC's

Meindert

Site Timeline