Beware with Kwikbyte

Followup: Either registering an ARBN and trading under that name, or trading under your own name, qualifies your business for the appellation "company".

Reply to
larwe

Rather than bog-down this list with arguments, we'll post a single respons to defend our position. Mr. Leonel did not accurately depict the situation. KwikByte offers excellent customer support; however, we do not provid support to competing businesses. In this case, the customer disguised the fact the purchase was for competing business by using a US exporter. Then, the customer requeste product support. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this issue further, off-line.

are

additional

Reply to
KwikByte Sales

So, does the customer in Brazil sell boards comparable to the KB9202B in the US? Do they provide documentation in English with comparable hardware and software support? If not, they don't sound like much of a competitor? Do you expect that providing them with the schematic diagram would destroy your Brazilian sales?

It sounds a bit like a GM dealer selling a Corvette to someone who works for Ford, but refusing to give them the owner's manual--- because they work for a competitor!

If your schematic is such valuable intellectual property that it will destroy your business if it gets in the hands of a competitor, I don't see how you can provide it to ANYONE outside your company.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

Why off-line? Don't worry about bogging down the list - it can handle it, and anyone not interested can just kill the thread.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com escreveu:

That's probably the reason. But it's even worse. The import taxes are

60%, plus 17% VAT, plus whatever the courier want to charge for customs clearance (postal usually charges nothing, hence, the 77% tax, UPS and FEDEX are very "creative" on these taxes, skyrocketing the costs). The taxes used to be charged over cost+shipping, but at least that seems to have been fixed. What makes this tax even more ridiculous is that it's only for low-volume, I mean, if you buy one devel board or one IC you pay this. If you're a company importing for resale, the import taxes goes to 18-25% for devel boards and can go all the way down to 0% for ICS. In theory, even if you are importing only one item, you could pass it in the "normal" import process, instead of the "simplified" (60%) one, but the customs bureaucracy here is so ridiculous that it would be ever more expensive.

Ricardo

Reply to
Ricardo

Another me-too product and another (expletive deleted) marketeer. My reading of the OP doesn't suggest that he "disguised" anything.

But then, as Humpty Dumpty said, in his rather scornful tone, 'When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.'

Of course he wants an off-line discussion. How else can he be master?

Regards, Ken Asbury

Reply to
Ken Asbury

I think that last comment is a little unreasonable - any supplier would prefer to talk to an unsatisfied customer in private rather than public, regardless of who is right and who is wrong. It might be more informative (and more entertaining!) for us to see the conversation in public, of course.

Reply to
David Brown

Sorry, I just had to work in Carroll's next line about about being master. Seemed appropriate at the time. My bad....

Ken

Reply to
Ken Asbury

In article , larwe writes

totally incorrect. I have a Certificate of Incorporation for my Limited company. Of course in some foreign countries they may do it differently..... :-)

Exactly. Did you specify the location to which you were giving the rules for?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

In article , Al Balmer writes

I hate to say this.... I agree with Al :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

In article , Mark Borgerson writes

Actually car companies used to buy competitors cars via a third party. However these days they just tend to ship one straight to the competitors R&D dept at cost! It saves all the subterfuge :-)

I agree. Besides if you sell ANY boards with the correct CD it is going to get passed around unless you have NDA's in place. In which case only your customers and competitors will have it.

It sounds like poor excuses to me after shipping the wrong CD.

Kwikbyte should just send them the up to date CD before another Kwikbyte customer steps in and sends it to them anyway.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris Hills

In article , KwikByte Sales writes

Usually your customers will defend you and your products for you on this NG.

As you say on your web site "We strive to ensure customer satisfaction. A happy customer is likely to tell friends or colleagues - which ultimately helps us sell more boards."

Equally an unhappy customer also tells people. Thus far they seem to have a case.

excellent customer support;

So you say. Usually in this sort of situation your customers flock to defend their supplier and as you say "The sole purpose of creating this company was to offer development boards to the internet community. " I would expect some of them to be in this NG.

So can we assume that you have supplied the current CD to the customer? At least to the registered one in the US (he can ship it south at his cost). That seems to be the crux of the problem the incorrect schematics. .

Additional support no but if they buy the basic product that is what you should supply. Supplying wrong or old documentation and drawings is NOT legitimate.

Actually as you sold it to the customer in the US you are probably in break of some US trade laws for not supplying a complete project.

I note the only stipulation on your web site is that you will not supply to India for reasons of difficulty in receiving payments.

How does this company compete? where does it compete? As they have an out of date CD they have most of the information anyway. It seems to me they just want the documentation to match the board.

Then discuss it off line with the customer but you posted here so you are fair game.

You started going on about competing companies etc what does the company in Brazil do?

Their only subterfuge seems to be in getting round their import restrictions.