Beta Testers Wanted

Hello All,

We are a small company that produces a rapid prototyping system for

8-bit embedded systems, particularly the Atmel AVR. We are looking for a few people to write some code and beta test a new prototype SD/MMC card reader module for our system, and I thought there might be some interested readers in this newsgroup. If you think you can do this, please visit our website at
and follow the Beta Testers Wanted link for the full details. Anyone who successfully completes the code for the test will receive a free set of Modules, a free production version of the prototype when it becomes available, a 50% discount on a future Module purchase, the author's code posted on our site with their name on it, and first consideration for future beta test opportunities. There are a limited number of prototypes available, so we can only accept a small number of beta testers, but don't let that stop you from entering. If you have any questions regarding this offer, feel free to email us.

Thanks, Paul

--
Byphar Electronics
http://www.byphar.com

On 06/02/2006 the venerable PH etched in runes:

embedded systems,

code and beta test a

might be some

visit our website at

Anyone who

Modules, a free

on a future Module

first consideration for

available, so we can

entering. If you

You expect beta testers to spend at least $175 on your products so they can do all this work and then get a refund. Hmmmm.

--
John B
Reply to

embedded systems,

code and beta test a

might be some

visit our website at

Anyone who

Modules, a free

on a future Module

first consideration for

available, so we can

entering. If you

all this work and

Actually it is a $75 deposit, and the only reason we decided to do that is to make sure that the person doing the testing was serious about it. We just want to be sure the person isn't trying to get stuff for free without giving anything back. However, if you feel this policy is unfair, I'm willing to entertain some alternatives.

Paul

Reply to
PH

On 06/02/2006 the venerable PH etched in runes:

embedded systems,

code and beta test

there might be some

please visit our website

details. Anyone who

Modules, a free

discount on a future

it, and first

number of prototypes

let that stop you

to email us.

do all this work and

make sure that the

person isn't trying

policy is unfair,

FlashFileSD from Progressive Resources is your best bet. I've already ported it to my M128 board. M2561 follows as soon as I can get samples.

--
John B
Reply to

embedded systems,

code and beta test a

might be some

It would take less than a day to get my DOSFS filesystem running on this platform.

- free.

Reply to
larwe