Best Open Source ROM Loader

Most embedded systems need a rom loader. I have read about redboot, ppcbug, ppcboot, DINK32, etc. so far it appears redboot is most generic and supports the most platforms. I was interested in how other loaders rank... any comments?

Kyle

Reply to
Kyle

Depends on which system you want the loader for. I can vouch for ARMBoot for a 7212-based board I worked on in '02.

Regards,

UQ

Reply to
Umar Qureshey

ARMBoot is a dead project. Sources have been merged back into a common tree with the PPCBoot oproject, resulting in the U-Boot project, which covers PowerPC, ARM, MIPS, x86, NIOS, ...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440