Best method to create software modules for usuability by others

Dear All,

I am working in organization as Sr. Design Engineer. Our major problem is to have standard modules to be shared between all software engineers. I dont want all to write their own code, Can there be any method by which code can be shared by all without allowing others to modify the proven part, what i mean is only application layer should be modifiable to others

- basic core should remain unchanged.

Regards, Priti

Reply to
pritiselec

Supply compiled modules that can be linked into their programs?

leon

Reply to
Leon

Yes, fiat. Provide them with the code that is to be shared, and tell them not to change it.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

Assuming you are using C, write re-entrant functions in pure standard C code. For other languages, use the ISO standard for that language. Avoid proprietary languages, such as C#.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Others have suggested providing compiled libraries and house rules.

I recommend guidelines for designing and documenting modules so that they don't carry unneeded features or constraints to allow easy reuse. Also, publish each module with a test driver to verify operation.

--
Thad
Reply to