Best development tool for NXP Cortex

I am approaching to the ARM world and I develop applications for Cortex M3 LPC17xx and in the future also LPC11xx M0 . I have to develop in C with the libraries support. I'm evaluating development tools to use and would like some advice from those already developed in this field, considering that my application would probably exceed 32K and not want to risk it. I tried the evaluation version of Keil UVisions 4 where I configured the CodeSourcery GNU compiler, but I read that debugging is limited to 32K, can you confirm me this information ?. I also tried LPCXpresso limited to 128K with the possibility of moving to

256k with low cost, but the libraries seem too basic and not complete for all peripherals. What made the libraries better? I saw that most of the examples are for Keil.

So, I want opinion from those already use these processors, to be used as development tools at no additional cost and if so, what to buy at low cost.

Thanks

Reply to
Stefano

Have you tried:

Everything ARM and LPC

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Rowley CrossWorks for ARM

Consists of a bespoke debugger and GCC compiler, along with libraries optimized for embedded systems. Their free trial is time, not size, limited. A personal (HOBBY) license is $150. A commercial (you're selling what you make) license is $1500, and would be a bargain at twice the price.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

M3

would

can

or

as

ost.

Sorry, no, seems very expensive for a compiler that you can download free and is labeled as "Not fit for any particular purpose". Not everyone is made of money you know!

Reply to
bigbrownbeastie

A lot of licenses have the "FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE" clause, including commercial ones. Do you know any compiler that doesn't have this clause, that isn't certified?

http://www.opera.com/mail/
(remove the obvious prefix to reply by mail)
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

ex M3

om

n would

the

K, can

g to

for

or

d as

cost.

It's a very good package, with excellent support.

Leon

Reply to
Leon