Best board design software?

Hello people
I am in the market for board design CAD software
Can anyone tell me their experience and opinion about it ? Which one
is the best (complete package, from schematics, simulation, to
pcb/autorouting)

thanks!

Re: Best board design software?
How fast can you afford to go -  there are packages ranging from free to
120K+ out there, with associated toolsets.  Is this for home, small
shop, big shop?  I've worked with many toolkits, from $500 to Cadence
and Mentor tools - my preference is to Cadence.  The Mentor people will
argue that theirs is the best, and I think they make good tools too -
great integration, but I'm more familiar with Cadence.  I've had good
success with most of the toolsets available, but this is too broad a
question.

Andrew

Re: Best board design software?
Thanks for the response
We can afford any price, perhaps up to $50k.
We've been looking at protel and orcad. but, is there anything else
out there that's better?

Thanks!

Re: Best board design software?

I think your email address is more truthful than your response.
Dream on

Phil

Re: Best board design software?

I am sorry, but really, you asked how much we can afford, then I gave
you the number.  We can truthfully afford any tools right now as long
as it is what we need. I wonder why you responsed negatively.

Re: Best board design software?

Have a look at Pulsonix: http://www.pulsonix.com

I've used it since before it was released (I helped beta test it) and am
very happy with it. I use it for schematic entry, SPICE simulation and PCB
layout. The autorouter is quite good (Bartels), but I don't use it much. It
can use other autorouters like Specctra.

It's very easy to use. Also, Pulsonix fixes bugs very quickly when they are
reported. I think this is quite unique.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM