BDM Multilink HCS12 connection problem

Hi!

I am trying to connect to a >HCS12D64< Processor (16 MHz clock rate)using the >Permicro BDM Multilink 12< from >CodeWarrior 2.0< but receive the message "Can't find BDM speed". The unsecure-function also finishes with a similar message. I have also tested another board with a HC12D60 (15 MHz clock rate) (which I could program & debug with a Lauterbach) and experienced the same problem. The settings for parallel port are correct, the device does not have the resistor network that may require pin clipping. Admin rights (Win2k) are given. The LED on the BDM is on. The reset signal from the BDM only provides 2 Volts, some activity can be observed on the bkgd line (approx. the protocol)

Has anyone using the BDM Multilink with CW ever experienced a similar problem and knows a solution to it?

Thanks Hubs

Reply to
HZ

possibly your Multilink is defect. The target speed detect is done with the first pulse to target what is not detected. How much is your pullup resistor at the BKND pin? Maybe Lauterbach has a internal pullup in parallel what is not available in the Multilink?

Reply to
Janvi