BASCOM to C conversion

Hi, I have a task to translate BASCOM code to C code for AVR 323 micro. I know C, I know 323, and I was doing ANSI BASIC back in school days. Is there any one out there who are professional in BASCOM and who could suggest the best approach for BASCOM strangers like me to complete this task.

Thank you

Gopal

Reply to
Gopal

Does the task involve anything other than pure computation and/or filing? I.e. comms, screen painting (TUI/GUI), etc? Anything machine-specific?

I've done a fair bit of porting e.g. BASIC (various flavours) to C - these are the issues that tend to be time sinks.

Steve

steve at fivetrees

Hello Anton, Thanks for the follow up. Yes, the BASCOM code is using some function libraries which I guess I have to rewrite in C. Unfortunately, I do not have CodeVision but have ImageCraft which is not as comfortable as CodeVision when it comes to extra library functions. Is there any where in the web that you know where I can find some function routines that can be used with ImageCraft and which may help porting the code from BASCOM to C.

Thanks

Gopal

Reply to
Gopal