avrfreaks website

Hi,

Does any one know what happened to the AVRFreaks website

I haven't been able to access it for several days now.

Thanks,

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Hmmm.... that's interesting, yes it was there very recently. I can't access it. I know many sites that have been closed down to get rid of the current virus that is killing them and their email right now.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Don McKenzie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@my.sig.com:

Been wondering the same myself......

Could be I suppose. But if you are talking about Sassa, that IIRC doesn't use email to propogate, but shutting down may still prevent it, especially if the freaks site uses Windows :(

Was Ok up until about 4.00pm Friday (UK time). A traceroute to the site goes cold after atm2-0-33.60M.trd-trs-pe1.ip.teledanmark.no :(

Phill.

Reply to
Phill Harvey-Smith

yes, it is built on windows PHP and mySQL, and supported by a group of student AVR enthusiasts.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I haven't been a dedicated user, but weren't they talking about changing their forum software recently. Perhaps something went "horribly wrong" and they've gone offline to fix it.

Regardless, the machine at their address (if there is one) isn't servicing requests at any of the standard ports so for all intents and purposes they've pulled the cable.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Did they change from FreeBSD?

Reply to
.

Rick wrote in news:rSwnc.8711$pa.7152 @newssvr23.news.prodigy.com:

Seems to be back up now as of 2.10pm UK time.

Phill.

Reply to
Phill Harvey-Smith

Ohhps, you may be right, that rings a bell. I am thinking of another site, however it is back on line and the reason they were down is very obvious. A complete re-build :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie
[...]

Too bad they didn't make it a little more usable. Hint: I don't enable Java or popups in my browser. Avrfreaks is useless without one or the other. Sigh...

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.