avrfreaks website

Does any one know what happened to the AVRFreaks website
(http://www.avrfreaks.net )?  I haven't been able to access it for
several days now.

Thanks,

Rick

Re: avrfreaks website

Hmmm....
that's interesting, yes it was there very recently. I can't access it.
I know many sites that have been closed down to get rid of the current
virus that is killing them and their email right now.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: avrfreaks website

Been wondering the same myself......

Could be I suppose. But if you are talking about Sassa, that IIRC doesn't
use email to propogate, but shutting down may still prevent it, especially
if the freaks site uses Windows :(

Was Ok up until about 4.00pm Friday (UK time). A traceroute to the site
goes cold after  atm2-0-33.60M.trd-trs-pe1.ip.teledanmark.no :(

Phill.

Re: avrfreaks website

yes, it is built on windows PHP and mySQL, and supported by a group of
student AVR enthusiasts.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: avrfreaks website

Did they change from FreeBSD?

Re: avrfreaks website

Ohhps, you may be right, that rings a bell.
I am thinking of another site, however it is back on line and the reason
they were down is very obvious.
A complete re-build :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: avrfreaks website

[...]

Too bad they didn't make it a little more usable.  Hint: I don't
enable Java or popups in my browser.  Avrfreaks is useless without one
or the other.  Sigh...

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: avrfreaks website

I haven't been a dedicated user, but weren't they talking about changing
their forum software recently. Perhaps something went "horribly wrong"
and they've gone offline to fix it.

Regardless, the machine at their address (if there is one) isn't
servicing requests at any of the standard ports so for all intents and
purposes they've pulled the cable.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: avrfreaks website
@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com:

Seems to be back up now as of 2.10pm UK time.

Phill.

Site Timeline