AVR studio on Win95 OSR2?

Has anyone successfully installed AVR Studio on Windows 95? The installer complains about corrupted files (which I don't believe - I think it's trying to dynaload a DLL that is either missing or doesn't have the right exports).

I know this sounds weird in the 21st century, but I have a Libretto

70CT that is _really_ handy for doing things in the field (it's a P-120 laptop the size of a VHS tape). It happens to run best with Win95; 98's power management doesn't work so well.
Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Since I failed to install AVRGCC on my notebook with Win98, I wouldn't surprise that one cannot install AvrStudio on Win95.

Reply to
Aleksandr Baranov

AVRGCC is different from AVR Studio. AVR Studio 4.09 installs and works just fine under Windows 98. Well, except for that bug I reported for 4.07 that they still haven't fixed. :-)

Reply to
Gary Kato

Unrelated, though. AVR Studio works perfectly under Win98, up to and including the latest beta versions. I do not want to upgrade this laptop to 98, though. Tried it, and it is not ideal.

(It's interesting to go back in time like this and use Win95. I had forgotten how much more responsive and small-footprint Windows was before Microsoft stuck that goddamn Active Desktop in there).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards