AVR & RFM70 based digital wireless guitar system

Hi,

During last weeks I've asked here a few questions regarding the wireless guitar system I was working on. Now the initial version of website describing my system is available at:

The design is FREE. Most parts are public domain, some are licensed under GPL and/or Creative Commons license.

This is still a prototype version, built on breadboard. I'll appreciate any comments or suggestions allowing me to improve it before the final PCB is designed.

The main features include:

  • Low price, main components are: CS5343, RFM70, ATmega88 in the transmitter; RFM70 and ATmega32U4 inthe receiver
  • Transmission of 20bits/24kHz sound (emulated 24bits/24kHz; it is possible to modify sources to emulated 24bits/48kHz if it is needed for Windows compatibility)
  • Transmission of settings of 4 potentiometers and 4 switches via USB MIDI commands - you can adjust settings of your virtual amplifier/sound processor with controls located near to your guitar
  • Tested with Linux+jack+alsa_in+guitarix/rakarrack/ardour
  • Not tested with Windows

I hope, that this design may be usefull for someone, but please note, that this is very initial release yet.

-- Regards, WZab

Reply to
wzab