avr programming with avrdude and bsd

Hi

I have a bsd (LPT) programmer for avrdude and it works in my old computer (200MHz). But the programmer does not work in my new computer. I guess the LPT signals are more stronger in old machine than in my new computer?

I would like to modify my bsd progammer so that it works in my new computer and is safe to use.

I have 1K resistors in signal lines. Are they ok or can change them to smaller ones? Like 330Ohm?

My cable is a bit too long 120cm. What would be the good length? I guess something like 50cm?

Can someone help me with this?

BR, Indrek

Reply to
nanoip

Is the programmer powered by the LPT, if so it might be advisable to use a seperate supply. Post a circuit/URL somewhere

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

If the old one was XP and the new one is Vista, no chance.

--
John B
Reply to

Hi Martin

It is the simplest bsd with 1K resistors for signal lines, 10K for reset one 10uF for power. I use external power, and before 10uF cond I have 78L05 (100mA) regulator. And nothing else.

Yesterday I connected the AVCC as well, before it was open. (It worked with my old machine)

I think that I have somewere the PCB as well. But I have to look for it :-)

BR, Indrek

Reply to
nanoip

Hi John

Unfortunately, I use Linux already 10 years. Both of my machine run Debian Etch.

BR, Indrek

Reply to
nanoip