AVR library for GCC

Is there any libraries somewhere that I can download that handle the
following:
uart, control of servos and a/d conversion.

I am testing Procyon AVRlib
(http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/embedded/avr/avrlib /) without good results
and I need similar functions that work properly.

Re: AVR library for GCC

While not exactly in library form, you are welcome to look at some sample
code I provide on my web site:

    http://www.bdmicro.com/code /

The 'diag' program tests out various functionality of the boards that I
sell and there you will find sample routines for the UART and ADC, among
others.  The 'servo' program sets up one of the ATmega128 timers to be
used to generate the typical R/C servo pulse.  You set the output compare
register of the associated timer and the ATmega128 generates the
corresponding pulse width, which the R/C servo responds to.  In this
particular program, I used a quadrature encoder connected to the ATmega128
to increase and decrease the pulse width sent to the servo.

Cheers,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean, snipped-for-privacy@bdmicro.com
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board

Re: AVR library for GCC

the
Yepp, just like you can hire someone to design a processor board for you.
Sometimes, however, it's more cost effective to buy a processor card (or use
some pre-built libraries).  This is particularly so when a number of people
have already used the code, discovered and reported the gotchas, and had the
bugs fixed.  While uarts and a/d's *should* be easy, it's also easy to blow
a couple of days on subtle interactions between the background code and a
uart interrupt response routine.

Cheers,
Alf
--