AVR ISP mkII

The mkII ISP cable has a 10-pin 100 mil (5x2) footprint that looks suspiciously like an unpopulated JTAG header. Is this for programming the on-board mega128 chip, or can it be used to connect to a target?

Thanks.

Reply to
larwe

I have about 5 AVR ISP mkII programmers and all of them have 6-pin connector. It is connected to ISP port of mega128 (PD0, PD1, SPICLK, RST, GND, VCC). No JTAG functions at all. Alex.

Reply to
Alexander Baranov

I know it comes with a 6-pin ISP cable, however look at the PCB. Right next to the USB connector you'll see what looks like a JTAG port. I expect it is only for programming the onboard micro, but I thought I'd ask.

Reply to
larwe

Yes, that's for programming the on-board micro. You need the Jtag MkII to program another AVR via Jtag.

Reply to
linnix