AVR Insight / JTAG query

So far I've been debugging using simple text output on USART s or LCD etc. I'd like to get into using the Insight debugger and go the whole hog and use the JTAG interface. The Atmel JTAGICE is too expensive so I need one of the cheaper alternatives.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on a reliable, cost effective JTAG interface which is compatible with Insight. Also, put simply, how do I go about getting the whole thing to work together? I've looked for documentation but can't find anything on how to get Insight, Avrice and the hardware all integrated together. The Connect to Target pull-down in Insight doesn't have any particular hardware listed so I guess all the setting up is in Avrice but I couldn't find any documentation.

Thanks everyone.

Rog.

Reply to
Roger

[...]