avr-gcc memory size problem

Hi there,

I'm using an ethernut board (atmega128 based) as http server compiling
the project with avr-gcc. My project reaches ap. 64kbytes, measured
with avr-size.
My problem is, that if I add more code, the executable seems
to be corrupted. Result is, that the code is crashing pretty
early. Reducing the code size in different functions solves the
problem.
It seems that I miss something to get full benefit of the 128kbytes
program memory of the atmega128 using avr-gcc!? I checked the gcc
options, but didn't found the solution for this strange behavior.

Has anyone out there any experience with "atmega128/gcc/>64k progs"?

...have fun...
Michi

Re: avr-gcc memory size problem
Nope, but this may be of some help.

http://www.avrfreaks.net/phorum/read.php?f=2&i84%38&t84%38#8438

Stef

Re: avr-gcc memory size problem
I'm not sure but ATmega128 has 2bytes word. Maybe you have reached 64
kwords?
Bogdan

Site Timeline