AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

Hello

Anyone has used a TCP/IP on AVR?? I'm planning to build a system consisting of ATMega128 + external SRAM + RTL 8019. I'm thinking of use "uIP TCP/IP Stack". It will be sending about 200-500 bytes of data to the server on TCP, doing 8 A/C conversion, checking state of

Reply to
Marek Garwolinski

Yes i think i have a lot stuff and code laying arround for that project

same here, i just didn't connect the sram,casued by error in chip select... fixed now...

bot the project is cancled, due to another HC12 uC(only need transformer and RJ45 externaly) and FPGA

(will do some debug on it today)

you mean by this? checking state of setting ~30 datalines each second.

I think so:)

i think i will be able to mailyou some different things if you prefer :)

Regards Kasper

Reply to
Repzak

i mean A/D not A/C - a language mistake, A/C is in polish

if you have some interesting experiences or materials mail me: gxo at wp dot pl

best regards

Marek Garwolinski SQ4GXO

Reply to
Marek Garwolinski

open source hardware and software

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Thanks, i think it'll be ideal.

Reply to
Marek Garwolinski

you mean

Marek Garwolinski

Hi,

You may want to have a look at the protocol-on-chip solution by Wizne (see

The IIM7010A is a piggy-back modul containing the W3100 processor with TCP/IP stack, and the physical 10/10 Ethernet interface plus RJ45 connector. It can be connected to the hos AVR via TWI. This approach saves you a lot of headache, code space development time and licensing questions. Plus the achievable performance is far better compared to a software-onl solution. I used this module on our "AVR Playground" Experimental board (http:/

Regards, Hans

Hans