AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

Hello

Anyone has used a TCP/IP on AVR??
I'm planning to build a system consisting of ATMega128 + external SRAM +
RTL 8019. I'm thinking of use "uIP TCP/IP Stack".
It will be sending about 200-500 bytes of data to the server on TCP,
doing 8 A/C conversion, checking state of <10%0 input datalines, and
setting ~30 datalines each second.
My question is:
What will be performance of that system? Will AVR runing at ~15Mhz be
able to do all this tasks?

Any help will be appreciated

Regards
Marek Garwolinski SQ4GXO

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

Yes i think i have a lot stuff and code laying arround for that project

same here, i just didn't connect the sram,casued by error in chip select...
fixed now...

bot the project is cancled, due to another HC12 uC(only need transformer and
RJ45 externaly) and FPGA
http://rapzak.mine.nu
(will do some debug on it today)

you mean by this?
checking state of <10%0 input datalines, and

 I think so:)

i think i will be able to mailyou some different things if you prefer :)

Regards
Kasper

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

i mean A/D not A/C - a language mistake, A/C is in polish

if you have some interesting experiences or materials mail me:
gxo at wp dot pl

best regards

Marek Garwolinski SQ4GXO

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

www.ethernet.de   open source hardware and software

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

Thanks, i think it'll be ideal.

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??

you mean www.ethernut.de:)

Re: AVR + Ethernet TCP - performance??
Hi,

You may want to have a look at the protocol-on-chip solution by Wizne
(see http://www.iinchip.com ). The IIM7010A is a piggy-back modul
containing the W3100 processor with TCP/IP stack, and the physical 10/10
Ethernet interface plus RJ45 connector. It can be connected to the hos
AVR via TWI. This approach saves you a lot of headache, code space
development time and licensing questions.
Plus the achievable performance is far better compared to a software-onl
solution.
I used this module on our "AVR Playground" Experimental board (http:/
www.avrcard.com).

Regards,