AVR bootloaders

Just spent an hour googling

I'm trying to find a reasonable BL for the enduser, preferably using USB/FTDI or the silicon labs thingy/equivalent.

Just to update their AVR, nothing special, apart from "simple" and probably a lot of Mac users

Using GCC Winavr, Ponyprog and atmel Studio4

I'm just sort of (still) learning the AVR, so any suggestions, plus /minus points would be welcome

Thanks

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

some commercial ones here Martin:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I'm not familiar with bootloaders set up for gcc but I am aware of a couple available for the Imagecraft AVR C compiler. Standard disclaimer: just a long-time satisfied customer.

for info.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I had imagecraft for the AVR when it first came out, then I got a job for a few years, lost the floppy security disc inbetween. Yep it seemed to be fine. Richard was as helpful as ever.

AVRstudio4 is quite klunky (IMO) twiddling the port (input) pins is a bit of a disaster, and I do a lot of twiddling. I end up burning the flash, to make sure Studio4 is working, that seems to be the wrong way around :(

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith