AVR availability (tiny2313/ATmega88)

Some people has been desperately looking for these parts. Noticed that we received a bunch of samples that has been on backorder (oldest since June) for some time, so hopefully there should be significant numbers around now in the sample department.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com

"Ulf Samuelsson" a écrit dans le message de news:crekja$p8l$ snipped-for-privacy@public2.atmel-nantes.fr...

Thanks for the info Ulf.

Are these tiny2313-20SI (or whateverSI) or PDIP package ?

How do I claim for some ? Does the sample service on Atmel website works (I asked twice but they never responded) or do I have to ask through one distri ?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

"Fred Bartoli" wrote in message news:41dae6be$0$31791$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

It sort of works. I ordered some Mega AVRs from the web site when they were very new, and got a very apologetic phone call from a distributor many months later, saying he had a couple of the chips for me and did I still want them!

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I was just last week planning to make order on ATTiny2313 and some other parts.... Finally I decided to change to ATMega48 and ATMega88. Ordered them (just few items for development work) last week from Elfa

and I do have now both of these. Took two working days for ATMega48 and about four days for ATMega88 to be delivered....

Don't know about the original target ATTiny2313 however.

Pygmi

Reply to
Pygmi

Yes, SI. Have some PDIP since before, but they are marked Engineering Samples.

(I

distri

They way this works is that the sample order is entered using the web, and an Atmel sales engineer in your region gets an email with your request. Then it is up to the person who gets the email to order the sample manually...

Some practical tips. If I were you I would contact a distributor to get the sample. Then you know who to talk to. Atmels sample ordering process does not give feedback on when they will be delivered so don't bother to ask the distributor when. If they do not get delivered, reorder.

Obviously there are always problem with new parts. Before they are in the sample department, they won't be shipped... They are always some early samples available before the sample department gets them but then you need to have the right contact, I.E. you have to make your distributor talk to the Atmel FAE instead of just ordering the sample through an Internal Sales Assistant. availability

Atmel is slowly moving its business processes into SAP and the sample order module has been in the works, for at least 8 months, probably more The web order should then go directly into SAP instead of through manual handling.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

I just ordere 25 mega88 in PDIP from Digikey (the 20 MHz version). Price was around $2.50 USD...they have already shipped, and I should have them today or tomorrow...good ole' Digikey comes through again :-)

John O.

Reply to
jro

"Pygmi" a écrit dans le message de news:QLCCd.501$ snipped-for-privacy@read3.inet.fi...