ATX Compatible Switch Specifications

Hi,

I want to have a Momentary, Pusb Button Switch for my Via C3 Motherboard.

The wires from the Motherboard will be connected to the Front Panel Connectors of the Motherboard.

What are the specifications for this switch(in terms of Voltage and Current) ?

with regards, Ranga

Reply to
Ranga

Any switch you can buy will be able to handle this task. The ATX "power switch" just shorts a signal line to ground. The maximum voltage across it is probably 5V, the current through it negligible (a few mA).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

wet-string ought to carry the sort of current involved.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.
Reply to
Ian Molton

snipped-for-privacy@rediffmail.com (Ranga) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

A standard ATX spec front-panel switch handles a few mA at 5V. Strictly speaking, at this voltage, you should use a button with gold-flashed contacts for maximum reliability as there is insufficient voltage to break down the oxide film that forms on "power" rated contacts; you would probably get away with any switch that has "wiping" contacts though.

Reply to
Anonymous