Attn: Ulf, Atmega169P-16MU

Listen, Ulf:

There are less than 500 in distribution channels: 300 in Digikey and

260 in All American. None in Arrow and Avnet. Digikey has more than 2000 last week (unless they lied), so our competitors got more than 1600 of them. Lead time are 8 weeks.

We need 1000 ASAP, 2000 in November and 3000 in December, etc. If Atmel is not making them fast enough, we will have no choice but to use the PIGs (sorry PICs).

Reply to
linnix

"linnix" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...

Can't do much about lead times in U.S. distribution.

8 weeks leadtime is not sensationally high though. If you ordered your parts last week, you would have been OK, right?

Production time for parts is around 16 weeks, and anyone expecting that stock should be kept is taking a risk. Distis try to optimimize stock so they base their calculations on run rates. If you have a sudden step-up in orders, this disrupts their system and it takes 16 weeks to recover.

------------------------------

With 8 weeks lead time, you will be short by 500, right? You might try to find them in Europe...

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

meddelandetnews: snipped-for-privacy@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com...

It depends on what the customer wants after 5000, so I can really see pass 3 months. We will need that many AVRs, but not necessary 169s.

OK, thanks.

Reply to
linnix