ATtiny temperature sensor

Hi,

I have an ATtiny261 microcontroller in my application, and I was thinking of making use of its built in temperature sensor. However I notice the accuracy spec is +-10 degrees C, which to me seems absurdly useless. Has anyone used it before? Am I misinterpreting the spec?

Thanks, Mike.

Reply to
msn444

It's not calibrated, but it's relative accuracy is better than it may seem. If you can calibrate it before shipping a product that will help a lot. But it can't be nearly as good as a custom temperature chip.

Reply to
Eric