Atmel Programmer

ok i built the above programmer using an at90s2312 also completed crystal circut......

anyhow long story short, i can read security descriptors, but anything else failes the led also never lights up, the par port is giving me 4.6 volts and

96ma but the power drastically drops when i run an action, vcc to the atmel only carries 2.1 volts or so ...

Any ideas? been over the circut 30 times it matches......

Reply to
--|--

Ok so i have 2.5 volts on vcc goint to my atmel, if i hit write/read it drops to 1mv or so, possibly there's not enough power coming out of the parallel port?

else

and

atmel

Reply to
--|--

Have you got the Vdd supply from the target board on pin 2 of the ST1 connector? It sounds as if you are trying to power the whole thing from the parallel port.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com

where are you getting your +5V from?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Hi!

I think the programmer only works when your target board is powered!

--
    Dirk
Reply to

All is now working, thats for helping out a greenie,... been about 10 years since i touch this kind of stuff...

Reply to
--|--