Atmel Programmer

http://www.lancos.com/e2p/avrisp-stk200.gif

ok i built the above programmer using an at90s2312 also completed crystal
circut......

anyhow long story short, i can read security descriptors, but anything else
failes the led also never lights up, the par port is giving me 4.6 volts and
96ma but the power drastically drops when i run an action, vcc to the atmel
only carries 2.1 volts or so ...

Any ideas?
 been over the circut 30 times it matches......

Re: Atmel Programmer
Ok so i have 2.5 volts on vcc goint to my atmel, if i hit write/read it
drops to 1mv or so, possibly there's not enough power coming out of the
parallel port?

else
and
atmel

Re: Atmel Programmer

Have you got the Vdd supply from the target board on pin 2 of the ST1
connector? It sounds as if you are trying to power the whole thing from
the parallel port.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com

where are you getting your +5V from?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:      http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Atmel Programmer
Hi!

I think the programmer only works when your target board is powered!

--
    Dirk

Re: Atmel Programmer
All is now working, thats for helping out a greenie,... been about 10 years
since i touch this kind of stuff...