Atmel Mega128 Tools

Is the AVR Studio for the ATMEL Mega 128 Microcontroller a free tool Set. I
am asking for the C development studio? Are they any retrictions?

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
To add I am talking of the AVR Studio 3.5. It says on the site that it
supports assembly.
So does it support C and is it Free?
thanks

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools

AVR Studio has only the assembler integrated. With AVRStudio 4.08 it is
possible to debug C Code. You have to program in another environment, but
the resulting object File can be download into AVR Studios Simulator. When
using  GCCs "extcoff" Format AVRStudio 4.08 is able to debug on the C-Leve,
e.g. you step through C Functions not assembly. Beware: AVRStudio versions
prior to 4.08 can not do this (They will only show you the assembler code
your compiler generated).

This is the only "free" solution I'm aware off.

MfG

Sebastian

--
If you see light at the end of a wormhole it is most likely a photon
torpedo.

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools

"your" compiler here must refer only to GCCAVR as AVR Studio can debug at C
source level, at least with ICCAVR and IAR generated code at C source level
since "forever."

--
// richard
http://www.imagecraft.com

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
Hi!

Sorry, I didn't know that.

--
If you see light at the end of the wormhole it is most likely a photon
torpedo.

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
yes the gcc port for avr is available . called avr-gcc.
its said to be good. and support is available for the large development
community
at

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
GCCAVR is free. Otherwise, there are a few very good low cost C compilers for
the AVR. Ours is one of them. Most commercial compilers have demo that you can
try for free.

// richard
http://www.imagecraft.com

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools

You can download an excellent lib at http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/avr/avrlib
docs/html/index.html
Michael
--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
www.enertex.de - Innovative Systemlösungen der Energie- und Elektrotechnik

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
Hi harshit!

Good idea is build cross-compiler for AVR from gcc source, but on Cygwin
enviroment (if You working on Windows) and editing avr-source in emacs
editor.
Advantages of using Cygwin? One enviroment - multiple target platforms
(actually I have crosses for avr, h8s and SH).

--
Best Regards from Poland
Medenes

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools

This is a lousy idea. ( must be a *nix guy that said that )

Just download from:
<http://www.avrfreaks.com/AVRGCC/index.php?PHPSESSID27%312dd38455a46995b43be7521c26c2

Install and just use it.

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:35:56 -0700, hamilton

I've been using gcc for an Hitachi processor.  It works very well and
is well supported by the community.  Is the AVR port good and is it
well supported?

Dan

Re: Atmel Mega128 Tools

Suggest you check with people on www.avrfreaks.net

Their forums are pretty active, and one of them is devoted to the AVR port =
of gcc.

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.16.1.4