Atmel mega 16 bootloader q's

Hi all, new here.

i have been looking at getting a bootloader to work. all i want to do a this stage is write something to flash so i know it's working and eve that isnt working.

i got some help from a good friend, who wrote some code for me for his de board but it was a mega 64. now, that shouldn't really matter, as it ha nothing in it that i couldn't use on my 16 other then the register name.

so i changed that and it didnt work. tried a few more different things an that also didnt work.

Now i'm just wondering, maybe the micro hasnt been told it's supposed t be acting as a bootloader.... because if it doesnt know, it wont d anything with the SPM instruction.

How do i make sure that the micro is actually in bootloader mode rathe then application?

it writes to the right part of flash for the bootloader to be in, i se the bootrst bit in the compiler so that it jumps straight to that addres on reset but cant get the thing to work.

Anyone have any ideas? i'm using CodeVisionAVR btw

Reply to
Nedward

You might try posting a question at

if you don't get an answer here. That's a terrific place for AVR developers.

Eric

Reply to
Eric